ProSynergy is a non-profit organization, which proposes an intervention through a holistic model of sustainable development, changing the paradigm from welfare to productive entrepreneurship of rural families with few development opportunities and low levels of quality of life; In order to promote the comprehensive rural development of small producers and eradicate poverty in these areas.
For this purpose, rural development centers have been implemented, called Yachaywasis Eco-Tecnológicos (Yachay = teach; Wasi = House) . In these centers, rural families find technical assistance, access to financing and services to be able to implement a series of productive, social and ecological technologies on their properties that allow them to produce more and live better, with a socio-economic and environmental impact. </ P >
The centers are achieving innovation in rural areas, validating various services and products for self-sustainability at social prices and appropriate technologies for various realities, generating an entrepreneurial attitude and trust in the communities.
- Demonstration and provision of appropriate ecological agricultural technologies for the generation of added value,
- Articulation with markets through value-added business plans, </ li >
- Sale of materials and supplies,
- Access to financing sources,
- Pre and post-sale technical assistance,
- Logistics and transport services,
- Accommodation services and food for farmers and visitors.
We have 2 Centers: Yachaywasi de Pilpichaca: KM 196 Via Libertadores, Huaytara, Huancavelica (5.5 hours from Lima) and < strong> Yachaywasi Coyllurqui: KM 3 via Coyllurqui-Cusco, Cotabambas, Apurímac (5 hours from Cusco via Cotabambas or 5 hours from Abancay).
In 5 years we have achieved:
- 4,400 farmers have purchased some technology or supplies from our Yachaywasis with a market penetration of 10% .
- We have reached 60% of our breakeven point in the first two Yachaywasis in poverty areas.
- Our sales prices of technologies and supplies for farmers They are competitive with a margin of 30% to 40% below the current price of the retail market.
- The farmers who adopted value-added technologies < strong> their income increased between 46% and 430%.
- We have received the visit of 6,800 people among farmers, technicians, teachers, students, government officials and tourists from Peru and abroad.
The YACHAYWASIS ECO-TECNOLÓGICOS are a innovative, replicable, sustainable and efficient strategy that breaks with the welfare paradigm for the eradication of rural poverty in Peru and Latin America.